Sunday 25 September 2016

Week 1 in Buda

 Greetings from Budapest!

This has been a busy week at the office working with Elders Orsen and Nordberg. There is a whole lot to do here. I am in charge of "birth and death packets" for missionaries coming to Hungary or going home, and I am also the referral manager, among other things. Elder Olsen taught me how to do everything but there is still a lot to do and learn. Work never runs out here. Elder Nordberg is in charge of all the registration of missionaries to their cities. The good thing about working in the office is that I am able to quickly get to know all the missionaries. And looking at all the mission stats is cool. I use Excel a lot and am doing some basic SQL (database programming language).

Last Sunday we taught a part-member family who loved my brother Miguel a lot when he served here. They fed us and were super kind. They also showed us their pet rabbit. On Wednesday we had an emergency drill where we had to pack our stuff in 90 minutes and go to the branch house. It was good. I also met a lot of members of the ward and taught English class. About 40 people came to learn English and half of them were at the beginner's level. On Sunday about 110 people came to church. I like serving here in Budapest. It is a great place.

It's crazy to think that I've been out for 4 months already. Christmas is around the corner... Have a nice week everybody!

Elder Gonzalez


At the office

Tracting
Budapest at night with the parliament building in the background




Old Hungarian alphabet. Copyright © 2015 Miguel Gonzalez
With Elders Fitzgerald and Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment