Monday 1 August 2016

Week 6 in Pécs

 Hello!

The hot and humid weather is back here. Lots of water and shade are essential. On Tuesday we went up to Buda for zone training and then we had splits with the zone leaders in Dunaújváros. I was with Elder Jensen. In the evening we tracted a 10 storey building (not the whole thing) and then we met some teenagers. I taught them some English slang and they taught me some Hungarian slang. We also biked there, which was really fun. On the way back, we took a bus. The trip was 3 hours long, but the bus was super comfortable.

On Saturday we visited an inactive member and we ate schnitzel. It was really good stuff. Lots of missionaries in our district are getting sick, but my companion and I are doing fine. We also played soccer with the branch members and the turnout was good. On Sunday we taught a lesson to an investigator who was a really nice old woman. She made us great food and she talked a lot about Hungarian history and sang some folk songs.

This week I've been looking through the area book and member records a lot and really feel as if I'm getting lost in the work. During meals, studies, and free time, I looked through the information. I even had a dream of the area book on time hahaha. Also I was making phone calls to inactives and then when I got to the last person, I said a prayer in my heart. The person answered the phone and he said he'd gladly meet us next week. Prayer works! :)
I'm also seeing the other side of Hungary on my mission. Before I'd just see the tourist side, but now I see neigbourhoods with lots of poverty and tons of old, run-down buildings, as well as small villages in the countryside. Miguel talked a lot about how you are still the same person when you become a missionary, and that's true. You don't become Superman when you get your name tag. I'm still Felipe. On missions, it's the little things, the incremental changes that bring about that great change. Also, it has been 2 months since my mission started! Time is flying by so fast. It's crazy when I look back and think of what has happened. Time is on hyperspeed during missions.

Sok szeretettel,

Felipe








No comments:

Post a Comment