Saturday 28 October 2017

Week 8 in Békéscsaba

Hi!

This was a wonderful week with many spiritual experiences, teaching and service opportunities, and even a baptism!

First I want to write about the baptism. Árpi, who was taught by the sister missionaries, was baptized on Saturday. He is 26 years old and a very good guy. After the last transfer we became friends and he asked me to baptize him. It was so wonderful to be dressed in white, and when we sang the hymn “There is Sunshine in My Heart Today," the sunshine was coming through the windows and I truly felt the sunshine in my heart. After the prayer and talk on baptism, we got into the font which is basically a large wooden tub. I said the baptismal prayer and then submerged Árpi into the water. I felt the Spirit so strong! When he came out of the water (we were successful in our first trial) he said, "I am born again!" and "I'm clean." He was so happy! Family members also came to support him and they cried and felt the Spirit. The members were also very happy and they all tried to shake hands with Árpi. I was so happy that day and so grateful that I had the opportunity to do this. I have never performed a baptism before and it was an unforgettable and very special experience. In this mission, baptisms are rare, and even if I end up with only one baptism, these two years were worth it. I will never forget this day: the Holy Spirit, the happiness I felt, and especially the happiness I saw in Árpi and in the others.

The next day I confirmed Árpi a member of the church and gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost. He became our newest member. That was so good! I gave a talk at church about self-reliance and taught in Sunday school about family history and temples.

This week we taught many good lessons about the Book of Mormon, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and enduring to the end. One of our investigators came to institute where the Book of Mormon is being studied this year.

I went on splits with the zone leaders and Elder Smith was my companion. We had a program with an investigator and we helped an old lady by doing work in her garden. There were a lot of weeds that had to be pulled out.

On Monday (October 23) there was a holiday here but it was not as big as it was last year in Pest.

The Church is true!

Lots of love,

Elder Gonzalez















No comments:

Post a Comment