Friday 2 June 2017

Week 6 in Kecskemét

Hi!

My mission is halfway done!!! It's unbelievable that one year has passed already. But time moves fast! This last year was very good. I feel that I have learned and developed a lot. My relationship with Heavenly Father has strengthened and my testimony has increased. I made many good friends and had great experiences. I have seen many little miracles and I know the second year will be even better! Actually, I wrote a letter that I just sent by regular mail today that is about these things, but the letter is longer, of course.

May 25 was my one-year anniversary, so we celebrated a bit. We ate ice cream downtown. We also had a tasty dessert with Törley sparkling drinks. On Saturday I burned an old shirt as it is a tradition in the mission. It was a bit hard for the first time because the wind blew, but then it burned.

On Saturday, we visited the Patai family. They live in a farm that is practically in the middle of the forest, 20 km from Kecskemét. The father was baptized two transfers ago, the mother has been a member for 2 or 3 years now, and they have a 5 year-old daughter. We ate a delicious food and we shared our favourite verses from The Book of Mormon with them. We also played a bit with them, and then burned the shirt.

The summer fruits are coming out now. The local strawberries and cherries are very delicious!

Love to all,

Elder Gonzalez

One year in the mission!


Having an ice cream is always a good idea


Fresh cherries!


Burning the old shirt

 
With the Patai family





No comments:

Post a Comment