Friday 26 May 2017

Week 5 in Kecskemét

Hi!

On Tuesday and Wednesday I was in Szeged on missionary splits. I was with Elder McKim with whom I served in Kaposvár. (We were not companions, but we were in the same district). It was a great experience. We taught an investigator a lesson about tithing and temples. We also knocked on a ten-story building and two Jehovah Witness ladies let us shared a small message with them about prayer. They were very good and we gave them a copy of The Book of Mormon and they gave us a small book about their religion. I did not see much of Szeged, just a two-tower church, the great synagogue that was just being renovated, and the cathedral (Dóm) from afar. But there was a grocery store near to the chapel where we could buy root beer.

On the weekend,  Jim, the American investigator that I taught in Kaposvár, was baptized. I'm really happy about that. I have seen a lot of changes on him. When I met him for the first time, he was very worried and insecure. He said that he might be baptized in America sometime in the future. But towards the end, he was determined to live the laws of the gospel and the commandments, and now he is baptized!

Today we had lunch with a church member who also showed us how to make crapes, and we ate them at the end. (They were prepared a little differently than Miguel does, using mineral water). Then we played Bang with the sisters.

I love you all,

Elder Gonzalez



Elder McKim and I on splits in Szeged





No comments:

Post a Comment