Saturday 22 October 2016

Week 5 in Buda

Bonjour tout le monde!

Before I write about this week, I am going to backtrack a bit and give some more details about the choir performance of the Southern Utah Heritage Choir in Budapest that I forgot to write about last time. There were lots of Americans in the audience who were members if the church and after the presentation, they and the performers treated us like heroes. They shook our hands, hugged us, took pictures, and asked us lots of questions. I think that I got more hugs that day, than all the other hugs I have gotten so far on my mission haha.

On Sunday we went to a city southwest of Budapest called Érd to visit my grandma and uncle. It was an awesome visit and it was great to see them.

Tuesday was Greenie Day. There were 16 of them and only one of them was from Utah. I took one of the new missionaries streeting which was fun. It is kind of funny that the sisters coming in are still going home before me. Wednesday was transfers and I stayed with Elder Nordberg as expected. We had everything organized for transfers, so it all went really smoothly. It was a busy morning and in the afternoon we spent time with the 11 missionaries going home.

Elder Norberg was sick on Thursday, so we spent the whole day in the apartment. I read, watched church movies, and played tabletop games to kill some time. It was the first time on my mission that I wore regular clothes all day and did no work. It was boring, but it was a good little break.

Best wishes,

Elder Gonzalez elder ;)

In Érd, with my grandma Ilona

With my uncle Lajos and my grandma

Lajos, Ilona, Jani, and I

With Cirmi, the cat
In Érd

With Elder Martineau before he went home.
With Elder Bunker before he went home.
With Elder Martindale before he went home.
With Elder Winkel before he went home.



No comments:

Post a Comment