Friday 9 March 2018

Week 27 in Békéscsaba

Hi!

I got my last transfer call. As I wished and thought, I will stay here in Békéscsaba to complete my mission as branch president. I stay with Elder Szuch and Elder Rohner. Elder Rusz is going to Kaposvár. That was a surprise as new missionaries usually stay in their first city they serve. But of course all things have a reason, and even unexpected transfers can be good. It's odd that this is my last transfer and I'll be back home in 9 weeks. Home is no longer a fantasy, but an imminent reality. :)

This week, we held some teaching appointments about the commandments, conversion, and the change of heart (Alma 5). Interviews were held in Pest. The zone leaders came for splits, and Elder Biesinger and I tracted together and visited old investigators and less-active members. In the evening we played Bang and since there were six of us it was fun.

We also did service in a house where we moved furniture. There was a lot of work but it was good. Then there was another special service opportunity for us. Every year there is a provincial English competition for 10-14 year-olds here in Békéscsaba and the missionaries are invited to be members of the jury. So Elder Rohner and I went to the school for the English contest. There were two groups: the 10-12 year-old students had "Interesting Homes" as their main topic and gave a short presentation. The 12-14 year-old students' topic was "Our Green Earth". I was a member of the jury in the second group and they did well. Then we presented the prizes. Some kids asked us to sign their posters, have photographs taken with them, and write messages in their book. It was a great experience and it was good to see so many happy faces. Of course, we advertised our free English lessons and maybe we will get a new investigator or two from this activity.

Sunday was also good. We had much church work to do including taking the sacrament to two members who were sick, gave two blessings, had a baptismal interview with an 8-year-old, and also did the usual processing of tithing on MLS.

It was very cold this week as a cold front from Siberia came and there was a lot of snow, so we shovelled it, but the spring weather is coming this week and the winter is now at its end.

Well, it was a busy week with much happening, but I remember that Pablo once wrote to me that the stake youth theme for this year is "Peace in Christ". When I thought of Christ's peace and prayed I felt much better.

Our lesson about the change in heart was very good. I found a verse that caught my attention and I would like to share with you:

"Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body? " (Alma 5:15)

Let's always look forward with an eye of faith!

Lots of love,

Elder Gonzalez








No comments:

Post a Comment