Friday 23 February 2018

Week 25 in Békéscsaba

Hi!

Another chapter in Elder Gonzalez's mission! Now I have not one, not two, but three companions. QUADPANIONSHIP!

No, we did not get another greeny. And I did not make myself a clone. But one of the elders in Szolnok became sick and went home, so his companion, Elder Rohner was sent here by the mission president, so now we are four. It's a little tight and we have to do mini-splits, but it's all good haha. Elder Rohner is from Australia (Melbourne) and has been in the mission for a year. It's funny that now a Canadian, an Australian, a Hungarian, and an American are serving together. A small UN!

On Tuesday, I received news of this transfer call, and President Szabadkai said that I was to travel alone to Budapest to pick up Elder Rohner on Thursday. So that morning I walked to the train station through the city center (2.5 km), then took the train to the Keleti station in Budapest, then the subway to Széll Kálmán station, and then walked to the mission home on Hajnóczy street. I admit it was a great feeling to be alone, much quieter. There is always someone talking to you or you are talking to others. Then Elder Rohner and I went back to Békéscsaba by train and taught English classes that day.

We had a few lessons, but there was nothing special that I can say. We took Elder Rusz to knock on doors, and he speaks Hungarian very well despite of being a greeny. ;) (He is Hungarian!)

On Saturday, we held the branch’s carnival (Farsang) party. We were more than twenty. We first went bowling and after that we went back to the church building where we played, ate sweets, and talked.

I would like to share with you a few verses from Doctrine and Covenants (81: 3-6) that I was reading the other day.

3 “Therefore, verily I acknowledge him and will bless him, and also thee, inasmuch as thou art faithful in counsel, in the office which I have appointed unto you, in prayer always, vocally and in thy heart, in public and in private, also in thy ministry in proclaiming the gospel in the land of the living, and among thy brethren.

4 And in doing these things thou wilt do the greatest good unto thy fellow beings, and wilt promote the glory of him who is your Lord.

5 Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.

6 And if thou art faithful unto the end thou shalt have a crown of immortality, and eternal life in the mansions which I have prepared in the house of my Father.”

Lots of love,

Elder González



No comments:

Post a Comment