Friday 4 May 2018

Week 35 in Békéscsaba (my last email from the mission field)

Hi!

Only one week left in the mission! We'll have our next p-day on Tuesday, so this is my last email. And I wish a happy birthday to Pablo!

Our week was quite busy. Along with the sisters, we participated in a service project at a seniors' home and talked about the U.S., Canada, and Australia, as well as about our church. We had some teaching appointments with investigators and less-active members of the church about faith and overcoming addictions. We also prepared many notes for the new branch president.

My last zone conference was on Friday and the subject was the study of the scriptures. At the end I gave my farewell testimony. It is odd that I am the oldest missionary in the zone / mission. I still remember when I was a greeny and heard the testimonies of departing elders and sisters. But it seems that these two years have passed quickly.

On Saturday we had a branch activity at Póstelek and it was a great success. About 40 people came, including investigators and friends of members. Everyone had a great time and it helped strengthen the good relationships between members. We played soccer, volleyball, badminton, did some hiking, singing, and ate delicious food.

On Tuesday a nice sister from the church invited us for lunch.

Today, we learned to cook with Kati and it went really well! :)

We'll see you next week!

Lots of love,

Elder Gonzalez

At the seniors' home



Art project
With László and Judit

Ice cream!

At the train station

May 10, as shown at the mission home



"The athlete"


These eggs expire when I do ;)

Békéscsaba

Cuban salsa!

With Julika


No comments:

Post a Comment